This year, we'll be working on briefs for pigs, poultry and goats, provided by Billy Wallace from Makeway Ltd. and Sconaid Wastie, Sophie Collins and Sian Philips from RSPCA Farm Animals Department.
Prior to the workshop, pre-registered participants will have received a short information pack with links to resources on specific farmed animals.
- 09:30 Participants arrive and find badge/table. Greetings and short introduction to workshop and activities.
- 09:40 People who supply the briefs each give 5 min overview of challenges.
- 10:00 Each team has a tightly monitored time to brainstorm each brief.
- 11:00 Tea break
- 11:30 Teams present range of ideas and receive feedback (from farm, animal welfare and technical experts) and questions.
- 13:00 Lunch break
- 14:30 People choose which animal/design they would like to work on (in teams), working with the person who gave the original brief.
- 16:00 Tea break
- 16:30 Finalise designs
- 17:00 Wrap - Teams present final solutions for video, using sketches, cardboard models etc.
Expression of Interest
Please visit: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aci2017.
Select: New Submission/Workshop: Designing enrichment for farm animals
We would like participants to pre-register and provide a very short description of their role/skills/interest in the workshop topic. Alternatively, we will be happy to receive a short email indicating your willingness to participate.
ACI 2017 website: www.aci2017.org/
Original workshop proposal submission: FarmJam Workshop Proposal
RSPCA Farm Animal Welfare: www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm
RSPCA Welfare Standards: science.rspca.org.uk/sciencegroup/farmanimals/standards
Makeway Pig Production Consultancy: makeway.ie/
ZooJam 2016: Don't Cut to the Chase http://www.zoojam.org/
If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact Fiona French: email@example.com